Want our roofing to last as long as possible and the best way to achieve this is with roof maintenance. Maintenance for your roof is critical for a number of reasons. It identifies issues that you have, such as leaks. Leaks are one of the worst things that can happen in your home, which is why leak detection for plumbing or maintenance for your roof is key in finding and getting rid of a leak. Other things that roofing maintenance can do is save you money, find hidden issues, increase your homes curb appeal, as well as extend the life of your roof. There are so many benefits of roof maintenance, which is why maintenance needs to be done every spring or fall, by either a professional roofer or yourself.
Roof Maintenance Checklist
If you are planning on doing your own roof maintenance, it’s important to not only be safe but know where to look. The places you need to look at on and off your roof are windows, interior walls, gutters, joints, flashing, drains, chimneys, vents, and of course the roof itself. Here are some of the things you should be looking for
- Peeling paint on your interior walls.
- Mold or mildew on the siding.
- Dents and cracks on the gutters.
- Blistered, cracked, bubbled, missing, or buckling roof shingles.
- Vent pipes that are cracked.
- Mildew or mold growing on the roofs.
- The attic has leaked.
- Corroded flashing
- Caulking around the chimney is deteriorating or damaged.